How would you describe the mission and expertise of your organization in the field of media literacy/ critical thinking/ fact checking/ countering disinformation?
What are the main resources developed by your organization you’d be willing to share? (e.g. reports, analyses, scripts, educational materials, video clips, webinars… Please share the links.)
All our content is open and pay wall free. We are open to share all our texts if they are shared in keeping with our content sharing rules: proper affiliation and linking (https://www.euractiv.pl/wykorzystanie-tekstow-euractiv-pl/). As for the links, all our website is our tool of fighting disinformation, therefore we offer everyone to read and share articles you can find here: https://www.euractiv.pl
In your opinion, which are the three biggest current challenges related to countering disinformation in your country?
Could you name three solutions that you implemented or else want to recommend as an advice how to counter disinformation, strengthen societies’ critical thinking skills and build civil resilience to disinformation?
- countering the loopholes in knowledge of our readers that include numerous politicians, experts, and multipliers,
- by debunking fake news spread by politicians while offering the truth in exchange. We serve this knowledge via our website and social media accounts.
What are the top three events or dates you have witnessed this year that have caused an intensification of disinformation activities?
In your opinion, which future three dates/events are likely to bring about the intensification of disinformation activities in 2020-2021?
- With regard to voting, Presidential Elections of both Poland and the US in 2020.
- With regard to defence, the relocation of additional American troops to Poland and activation of American Ballistic Missile Defence base in Redzikowo, Poland.
- With regard to historical diplomacy, the commemoration of the outbreak of World War II, as well as the outbreak of Warsaw Uprising.
What are the prevailing disinformation narratives you have observed in the media space this year.
Have you been relying on any fact-checking tools? If yes, please describe them or share the links.
Would you like to highlight any of the disinformation cases you have witnessed/ discovered/ debunked?
- We offert reliable information feeding citizens with knowledge that doesn’t leave the room for conspiracy theories or disinformation,
- We offer impartial reporting which makes us a reliable and trusted source of information for all the people whatever their political adherence.
In your opinion, who are the best performing actors – in your country, as well as in the EU – playing crucial roles in the field of media literacy today and why?
Interview from September, 2020.